The Packaging Associate, reporting to the Packaging Supervisor, is responsible for assisting with bottling and canning duties. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Packaging Associate Details
- Assist in canning/bottling/kegging
- Wash kegs using a premier stainless keg washer
- Assist in sensory analysis
- Label cans and bottles
- Keg off beer from brite tanks.
- Keep records of packaged goods to be verified by the Packaging Supervisor
- Work with Codi canning line
- Maintain cleanliness in all packaging areas
- Forklift certified a plus
- Must be able to lift 150lb regularly over an 8-hour period
- Must be able to follow directions and SOPs
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must work well with a team and alone
- Must be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Must have strong communication skills and be detail oriented
- Experience in a brewery setting HIGHLY preferred
- Knowledge of brewery operations highly desired
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for assisting the brew staff through a variety of warehouse duties including packing, pulling/checking customer orders, replenishment, shipping and receiving materials, and material handling; completing all required paperwork in accordance with company policies and procedures. The is a full-time non-exempt position.
Warehouse Associate Details
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize and fill daily orders for pick up by delivery trucks
- Load and off-load products from delivery trucks
- Drive company truck to make local product deliveries and pickups
- Maintain inventory and conduct physical inventory on a quarterly and ongoing basis
- Unload goods and material received, enter appropriate information into system, label and locate material
- Obtain process order(s) and ensure that Production Staff have necessary raw materials from storage area
- Assist all brewing and bottling staff with general duties such as raw material picking, grain out, packaging runs
- Clean all keg and brewing related materials to ensure they are ready for production
- Replace materials when necessary
- Separate customer orders. Pull and stage orders. Repack material if required to meet customer specifications. As required, make boxes, pack, label and locate materials
- Ensure all products are properly labeled and packaged
- Coordinate the shipment and shipping paperwork of materials per instructions
- May perform functions/transactions in designated system to receive or ship material
- Drive and utilize forklift and pallet jack as necessary to perform warehouse duties and operations
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Assist in other warehouse functions to maintain production and cleanliness of production facilities and offices
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- 1+ years of related materials experience
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and a good driving record
- Must be able to read/comprehend written and oral instructions in English; read and comprehend safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and product recipes/material identifications
- Must have mathematical skill to add, subtract, multiply and divide and the ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English
- Must have the ability to reason and address problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools and computer equipment
- Must maintain Company approved Fork Lift Operator’s Licenses. This may include one or more different types of forklifts
- Excellent record keeping, attention to detail and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm and strong personal knowledge of the microbrewery industry and market
- General computer skills and data entry experience, preferably with MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work well with superiors and co-workers in a production and office/warehouse environment
- Ability to change tasks quickly and still maintain attention to detail
- Ability to regularly lift, push, or pull up to 170 pounds
Inventory & Logistics Coordinator
The Inventory & Logistics Coordinator works as part of the Operations Team, reports directly to the Controller, and is responsible for assisting in developing and implementing Mikkeller’s transportation strategy through execution of managing all inbound and outbound freight. This is a full-time non-exempt position.
Inventory & Logistics Coordinator Details
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage global logistics network with a mix of carriers and 3PL providers
- Manage RFP process and selection of new carriers
- Manage and track carriers & 3PL’s performance
- Partner with team members to identify, implement and document cost savings and process improvement initiatives
- Manage each distributor’s monthly beer, POS orders and invoicing
- On a monthly basis, enter and audit freight invoices to ensure accuracy and to resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Manage Mikkeller’s cooperage fleet through our partner Microstar
- Solicit, organize and analyze monthly purchase orders and seasonal pre-orders from distributor network
- Maintain Mikkeller’s sales staff communications regarding orders and relationship management
- Communicate with the Marketing and Sales teams for seasonal beer releases and ensure distributor-readiness
- Set-up all newly released beers in VIP (distributor sales reporting tool)
- Oversee monthly inventory counts of finished goods & raw materials
- Process, file, and manage all claims for damaged or lost goods.
- Pick, pack, ship, stage and load beer & POS orders on an as-needed basis
- Assists in updating daily inventory reports within our distribution network
- Establish, create, fulfill and invoice all of Mikkeller’s wholesalers
- Assist in the management of raw materials ordering on an as needed basis
Qualification and Skills:
- Passion for people and beer
- A “marathon mindset” – meticulous planner, tenacious and determined
- Strong judgment, professional maturity, and unimpeachable integrity
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and resourceful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written
- High “digital IQ” – familiarity with online resources, particularly with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access)
- Ability to work independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Effective time management, particularly the ability to multitask, prioritize and plan around different responsibilities and initiatives
- Strong desire for continuous improvement in terms of process streamlining, automation and cost reductions
- Strong sense of urgency to act quickly in solving logistics issues and updating all relevant parties using independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with business partners
- Ability to deal successfully with complexities of a rapidly expanding organization
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Ability to plan and manage projects within time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to interface with business partners and cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Operations Research, Business Management, Computer Science or related field preferred
The General Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations. This includes building, leading, and coaching a high performing team, driving best-in-class sales and operational processes / systems, and to ensure the implementation of our brand’s Standards of Executional Excellence in the Marketplace.
General Manager Details
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop and deliver an annual business plan for the marketplace on volume, distribution development, taproom business, San Diego brewery and Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s.)
- Establish Volume / KPI targets for each assigned direct report and appropriately manage the execution of these monthly KPI’s. This includes, but is not limited to, feedback/coaching, corrective counseling, and performance reviews.
- Build a diverse organization that reflects the marketplace, lives to our values, and inspires
teamthrough effective leadership.
- Work collaboratively across the organization and share best practices with the Business Unit (BU), Sales and Operations Teams. The General Manager needs to be a major contributor/leader across our organization.
- Work directly with
assignedteam to ensure flawless execution to of organization’s Standards of ExecutionalExcellence.
- Manage Operating Expense (OPEX) for the marketplace in line with annual business plan volume targets.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with your team to ensure performance to the annual business plan targets.
- Lead by example. Ensure the team understands and adheres to Company standards and operating procedures.
- Complete bi-annual reviews (annual & mid-year) with all direct reports to ensure career development/advancement.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification and Skills:
- Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 10-12 years’ industry related experience which includes:
- 10-12 years of experience with time spent on Supplier and Distributor side of
businesswith a proven track record of success (Preferably in the alcoholic beverage sector).
- A strong professional image and high ethical standards / integrity
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Must be adaptable and nimble
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience using internal and external data sources (i.e. Nielsen, PRISM)
- Outstanding organizational skills as demonstrated by your ability to set and handle multiple priorities
- Working knowledge of warehouse and DSD operating systems / platforms preferred